5.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Destination URL not working for page that is not live yet

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to prepare a large new campaign for an entire site overhaul, which includes creating multiple ad groups, The new campaign is disabled and we are simply working to prepare our entire campaign ready for the new website launch.

We would like to pre-setup Adverts for pages which, as of this moment do not exist, but will exist at the time the campaign is enabled, however I worryingly received an email telling me that my Ad Group has been disapproved, and that "Repeated violations of our Advertising Policies may result in a suspension of your AdWords account" Now, obviously I do not want our account to be suspended, but I also do not want our entire google advertising to be offline for days whilst we then create Ad Groups to match the new URL structure of the website.

What can we do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Neal K
September 2015

Re: Destination URL not working for page that is not live yet

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Here's my first thought,

Use AdWords Editor if you aren't already. You can learn about it and download it here, http://www.google.com/intl/en_us/adwordseditor/

You can work on your Campaigns locally and upload them when your pages are live. And backup as you are working on it!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Neal K
September 2015

Re: Destination URL not working for page that is not live yet

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Here's my first thought,

Use AdWords Editor if you aren't already. You can learn about it and download it here, http://www.google.com/intl/en_us/adwordseditor/

You can work on your Campaigns locally and upload them when your pages are live. And backup as you are working on it!