3.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Description line 2 comes directly after line 1 in the preview

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm new to AdWords. I'm making my first ad but the preview shows that description line 2 comes right after description line 1 as it if were the same sentence. Here is a screenshot. Will it show the same as once it's published? How do I make it stop doing that?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Description line 2 comes directly after line 1 in the preview

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Anna,

If you don't want to publish your Description 1 & 2 in same line then you can use "." (full stop) sign in Description 1 then you Description 1 will come with Headlines - Description 1.

Please find below the screenshot:-

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByPz51L7FejLc21ROGxjMkdNTnc/view?usp=sharing

Please find below the URL for more detail about Text Ads:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704389?hl=en

Please find below the AdWords Help section for you:- https://support.google.com/adwords/?hl=en#topic=3119071

Please let us know if you have any query.

Thanks,
Anand

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Anand,

Thanks for your email.

What about if I want to put description line 2 below line 1?

Best regards,

Chi V

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you for your understanding.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Anna,

Nor Problem, Once you have used full stop " . " at end of Description 1 then your D1 will automatically appear below D1.

This is fully depend on you that what is your message in Text Ads.

Thanks,
Anand

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Ultimately, you don't have control over how Google displays the components of your ads.

Google can choose to some of your ad extensions, all of them or none of them.
They might add your site URL to your headline.
They can show your description lines combined in one line, or in two different lines.

What you do have control over:

Ad copy.
Relative order of the copy - headline, description 1, description 2.
By adding a full stop at the end of description 1 it can be added to the headline.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

I agreed with RobSkelton, this merging of 2nd description line is not in the advertiser's control, it depends on the Google how it displays the ads for optimum performance.

But this is more common if your descriptions lines are less in characters than the limit and proper use of punctuations including ".", "!", "?"

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’