Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Density of KW in Ad Text Matters?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I apologize if this is inquiry is getting posted twice, because I don't see my previous post.

I'm curious if it really matters whether you have KW text in your ad.

I realize that the tutorials claim this is a best practice, and I don't want to leave any QS on the table...

But I also know that many people have suggested that CTR matters a lot more than KW richness when determining QS (i.e., whether your ad exceeds the expected/target CTR). 

So, take the following scenario, for instance:

KW: +Mobile +Application +Development

Prospective Ad Text (not counting chars, just trying to convey concept of what I am suggesting):

Pro iOS Coding Services

Claim the Competitive Advantage!

Get Custom iPhone Software - Boost Company Performance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Evan,

You heard correctly. CTR is far *FAR* more important than "keyword richness". There's actually no requirement for the keyword to be present. However, when the keyword is present, it gets bolded in the ad. Users have come to expect this and the inclusion of the keyword and the boldness of the text improves CTR significantly. So they're indirectly pretty closely linked. 

If you can come up with wording that's better than including the keyword in the ad text, that is ultimately better. Your best bet is to rotate variations of your ad testing all these variables to see what performs best. 

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Evan,

You heard correctly. CTR is far *FAR* more important than "keyword richness". There's actually no requirement for the keyword to be present. However, when the keyword is present, it gets bolded in the ad. Users have come to expect this and the inclusion of the keyword and the boldness of the text improves CTR significantly. So they're indirectly pretty closely linked. 

If you can come up with wording that's better than including the keyword in the ad text, that is ultimately better. Your best bet is to rotate variations of your ad testing all these variables to see what performs best. 

Hope that helps.