5.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Demographic Targeting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to target audience by demographics such as income level or interest? I could've sworn there was but I can't find the feature. I currently have a campaign that is set to Search Network Only.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Demographic Targeting

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@H Dean H;

Demographic targeting for Search ads was announced by Google, but hasn't   (fully)  rolled out yet.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

It is for certain countries. Go under the Settings tab->Locations-Advanced Search->Then select Location Groups->Demographics. From there, you can enter a location and an income tier.Demographics.PNG

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Under Household income tier, where it says;

Top 10%
11-20%
21-30%

If I choose, '11-20%', are they saying top 20% ? or just those with income b/w the top 11-20%? Thus excluding everyone else? If the former, then this is poorly worded

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
The 11-20% is exactly what it says it is. If you want to target the top 20%, you would have to do both the Top 10% and 11-20%.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@H Dean H;

Note; household income is not a demographic targeting per se (gender, age, parental status...)  but  comes under / classified   as a Geo targeting

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2580282?hl=en

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722043?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’