AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Demographic Targeting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to target audience by demographics such as income level or interest? I could've sworn there was but I can't find the feature. I currently have a campaign that is set to Search Network Only.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Demographic Targeting

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Jimmy L;

Demographic targeting for Search ads was announced by Google, but hasn't   (fully)  rolled out yet.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

It is for certain countries. Go under the Settings tab->Locations-Advanced Search->Then select Location Groups->Demographics. From there, you can enter a location and an income tier.Demographics.PNG

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Under Household income tier, where it says;

Top 10%
11-20%
21-30%

If I choose, '11-20%', are they saying top 20% ? or just those with income b/w the top 11-20%? Thus excluding everyone else? If the former, then this is poorly worded

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
The 11-20% is exactly what it says it is. If you want to target the top 20%, you would have to do both the Top 10% and 11-20%.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Jimmy L;

Note; household income is not a demographic targeting per se (gender, age, parental status...)  but  comes under / classified   as a Geo targeting

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2580282?hl=en

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722043?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’