4.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Deleting old account, setting up new account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I used Adwords several years ago for my old website. I have a new website, and would like to delete the old Adwords acount and set up a new account. I don't see a place to cancel/delete the account. Can someone please advise? Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Deleting old account, setting up new account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi PJOwl,

Unless you have and urgent need for a second account, there's no real reason you couldn't use your existing account to advertise you new website. The only restriction is that all destination URL's in a single ad group must point to the same domain.

Deleting your old account and creating a new account with the same email address is a little tricky. Your email address remains associated with the closed account unless you remove it first. You would need a new email address, add that email as admin to yoru old account, log in with your new account, remove your old email address and then you can use it to creat a new account.

There are thing along the way that are a bit confusing and can go wrong. Unless you have unlimited patience, I'd reall y recommend using your current account. Update the address and billing info if necessary.

I wouldn't be too concerned with past history performance, either. If you have a poor performance history, you could get lower QS initially, but your campaign will quickly overcome that as current history carries more weight than older history.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords