Guide Me
star_border

Deleting call extensions?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Hi Smiley Happy

I know how to add and remove a call extension from applying to a particular campaign or adgroup however I cant for the life of me find where to delete a call extension from the adwords account

(created one with a typo in the phone number and wish to remove it from the account so as to 

not cause confusion for anyone else - I know i can edit the number however then i end up with multiple extensions to select from so would like to remove/delete it from the account)

Hope i am making sense?

Thanks
Whims 

**PS any chance of removing captcha for ppl with over x number of community posts or something similar? Its a pita

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Deleting call extensions?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Ok.. seems we arent able to delete them .. that makes me sad :-((((
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

It is just like any other created element  , AdWords only hides them from the default view and keeps them all in the background. So what is missing is a hide button , or a filter Smiley Happy

You have beat me to creating the pause-cost script , I was stuck at how to select only one ad group because the rest was easy to compile from the provided examples.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Ah, but you knew that, Whims. Smiley Happy  You know you can't ever really delete anything about of AdWords account.  Smiley Happy

Most of the time, that's a good thing, but I did something similar in a campaign once, made a stupid typo that I wished I could have erased off the face of the planet....

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Under the section that has the red button which says +extension, you will deselect the filter for account extension by selecting the filter for campaign extension. Click the check box to select your specific callout extension list, hit edit and then remove. Basically its hidden because the account extension filter is selected by default.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

After months of searching for the answer, I finally found out how to permanently delete call extensions in the new AdWords experience.

It's under the top-right menu: Setup > Business Data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you! Huge help for me here!