AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Deleting an Ad words account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi

I had an old Ad words account associated with my email Id.This was created initially for the purpose of testing ad words. Now we have started using ad words in our company and i have received a new ad words request for the same email id .So I want to use the same email ad for the actual ad words account created in my company and would like to delete the old account.

Pls help

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Deleting an Ad words account

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Soumya,

Welcome to AdWords Community.,Please dont worry it will be resolved in few minutes.

Yes what you say is right, An email address can only have access to one AdWords/MCC account. You cannot have one email address accessing 2 different AdWords accounts.

So going with what you say, your email address ex: abc@gmail.com, already has an AdWords account. Check if abc@gmail.com  created the AdWords account or he was invited by some other Admin to access the account. Either way, please login to the account using the email address i.e. abc@gmail.com using adwords.google.com.

Now go to the Gear icon that you find at the right top of the account, and then select the Account Settings option and select the Account Access option.

Now see

1. If there is anyone else who has the access, if YES, ask that Admin to login to the AdWords account with their email address and terminate abc@gmail.com your access to the account
  2. If you are the only person with the access, then please invite some one else with Administrative Access.(Coz, only this Admin can manage access levels). Please Note,  that you should invite an email address that does not have an existing AdWords account.

Once you send the invite, the new email address inbox will receive an email with the accept link, he should accept the invitation, then login to the account and terminate the access for your earlier email address abc@gmail.com.  Once done your email address will be free from the Earlier AdWords account and can then can create or accept an invitation from other account also.

To know how to accept the invitation, please visit this LINK.

This is solve your issue. Hope this Helps.

- Prashanth Reniguntala

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Soumya,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

I won't advise 'Cancelling' the account in this case. Why?

You already have an active AdWords Account that you created for your business and now you have started using it for actual advertising. 

Why would you need a separate account to advertise the same business?

Only for the sake of its association with your business email. I believe you want to do it for your ease so that you can use your email and AdWords from the same account. It's quite understandable. 

But if this is the reason, it can be achieved without cancelling the previous account. You can assign your 'business email' an administrator's role and manage AdWords efficiently without any difficulty from your business email. 

Here's a detailed documentation on how you can do it - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704346?hl=en

Thanks

Ratan

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Ratan,

Here Soumya, says that she earlier created an AdWords account with her email address for test purpose. Now she wants to have the access of her company's AdWords account to her earlier email address which has an AdWords account already (i.e. Test Purpose Account),

Now, even if she Cancels the Test AdWords account, the email address would still be linked and she cannot use the same email address for the company's account, right?

So in order for her email address to get access to Company's AdWords account , she has to give some one else the Admin Access to the test account and ask the New Admin to Terminate the Access to the Test Account. This way she will able to use the earlier email address on the company's account.

Correct me, if I am wrong here.

- Prashanth Reniguntala

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Prashanth, may be I misunderstood the question here. I will ask Soumya to elaborate this sentence here -

"Now we have started using ad words in our company and i have received a new ad words request for the same email id "

Which email address have you started using AdWords with? A new email address? Or you started creating real campaigns in the test account now?

Do reply.

Thanks

Ratan

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.