Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Delete account in Client Centre

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm using the Adwords Client Centre to manage all my accounts and the accounts of my customers (who gave me access).

Now, i accidentally created a new account here, and I can not delete it. When I go to that account >> Account Access I only see the option to terminate the access of my own user. And that doesn't work since i'm the only user ...

How can I delete this account? It has never been used and is there for no reason ...

Thanks.

3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Delete account in Client Centre

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Jeroen07,

Thanks for your post. As you have Client Manager access to the client account, it is not possible for you to cancel it. You can unlink it from your MCC following the instructions here. As it is essentially a 'shell account' that contains no campaigns, no ads will ever serve. 

I hope this helps!

Rachel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

That manual really doesn't explan how i can get rid of this account in my CC?

Is there a better explanation available how to delete an account that's created by and only managed by yourself? It's realy annoying that this "empty" campaign keeps displaying in my client centre.

Thanks ...

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Jeroen07,

When you successfully unlink a client account from your MCC, it should no longer appear as a client account within your My Client Centre tab. If it is still appearing in your MCC, the unlinking procedure has not been fully completed. 

As far as I'm aware, as a Client Manager you have one option to add an administrative user to the client account. If you add an email address that is not associated with another AdWords account and that you have access to, you should be able to accept the invitation and then log into the client account directly via that administrative email address to cancel it. 

I hope this helps.

Rachel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Adding another account and then deleting works! It's a pity that there isn't an easy way to do this.

Thanks for the support.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have the same problem, I was testing out my Client Centre by creating a Client Account, which I now want to delete, but there seems to be no option to delete the newly created client, I came across your post and still was not able to delete it, can you please clarify what you did to get it deleted?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have the same challenge. The thing is that you do not delete it, but just add a new user and unlink (terminate) the old one. In that case it doesn't appear in MCC anymore.
I am sure Google will make it more easier in the future, because in my case to unlink 3 new accounts I had to create 3 new users.
Good luck!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Absolutely absurd that this isn't managed better! I run an agency and can not believe it is this complicated for multiple employees within my agency to manage Google Adwords accounts in a more intuitive and time-efficient way. Hopefully Google makes it a PRIORITY to rework the Client Center interface!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The link is not working!!!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Surprised there still isn't a way to easily remove (delete) an empty account created from within the MCC.