AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Delete accepted google adwords account but not confirmed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been invited to an google adwords access and waited for confirmation from manager account. For some reason, the account manager has been deleted before confirming my account. Now I couldn't use my gmail account to delete that invitation or new adwords account as Google said I have associated to maximum account. 

Any solution?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Delete accepted google adwords account but not confirmed

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Tuan,

The main rule is that individuals advertising for themselves or for their own businesses may only have a single AdWords account.

To delete the invitation, click on the cogwheel in the upper right corner of your AdWords account, and select *Account settings* on the drop-down. Next select *Account access* on the left-side navigation panel, find the user you wish to delete and act accordingly. If that AdWords account is yours, you should have administrative access and be able to delete any one.

Best,
Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Lakatos,

My friend who running business has invited me to join his team. However,
Google has not sent email back to him for confirmation. Then due to some
reason he did not know, his account has been deleted, he had to create new
google adwords and now I am stuck with his old account. He could not delete
the old invitation, I can't remove myself from anything.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Tuan,

Ahh... it's more complex than I thought. It seemed to me based on the first entry that you had an AdWords account which was invited to a Manager Account. Now it turns out you never had an AdWords account, in fact your friend did which was deleted and therefore he created a new one. Is that correct?

Further: He invited you to be his team member from the 1st account and now wants to do so from the 2nd one. Right?

If that is the case, he can send you an invite from his 2nd account by specifying a new user after hitting "+USERS" on the Account access page I described above.

Yeah, gmail may protest, of course, I am not sure about it. However, you can create a yahoo or other email account and ask your friend to send the invite there. Actually It is not a requirement that team members should have a gmail account. (The email account that I use for myself isn't gmail either.)

Best,
Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi lakatos.

He doesnt know why the existing account disappear. He used the same email address to register google adword account.

I dont use many email address and want to use my existing as I already pass the exam for adword and analytic. So dont have time to do it again

Sent from my iPhone