AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

4.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Delete MCC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do I delete or cancel an AdWords MCC? Do I have to delete my entire user account?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Delete MCC

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi jyoung2gu and welcome to the forum.  I admit I've absolutely no idea, it's not a question I've come across before.

I suggest you contact Adwords support, either through this link or by clicking the "Contact Adwords" button at the top right of the screen.

If they do give you an answer, please come back here and share it with us!

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

This is most likely not the "Google Approved" solution, but I've used it in many a different Google account situations. If you are basically trying to free up your Google Account from the MCC, add an administrative user under My Account > Account Access in the MCC dashboard. I would create a hotmail or yahoo account (Google will only allow you so many gmail account creations) specifically for this purpose. Once you have gone through the back-and-forth of accepting the invitation and granted the new login access, log into the MCC through the new admin user and terminate access to your original Google Account. You can then go to google.com/accounts with the new MCC admin login and delete all services associated with that Google Account.

Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I agree with Amartin, associate the account with a new email address at the admin level and then terminate access to the cuirrent email/admin.

To close the account:

My Account > Prefferences > Cancel Account