4.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Delete Google ad words account without first campaing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I wrongly created an account on AdWords; when I realized it I did not finished the initial "tutorial" which makes me create my first campaign. I also do not have billing information. How can I delete the account?

thank you in advance

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Silvia S
February 2016

Re: Delete Google ad words account without first campaing

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have found a way to "escape" from the iniziale setup, thanks to this link http://g.co/etoaw ; here I found a way to access to the setting to delete my account.

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Silvia,

if you want to cancel your adword account just go through this process

sign in to your adword account
Go to My Account > Preferences
Find the "Account Cancellation" at the bottom of the page
Click on "cancel this Account"
and follow the instructions

Cancellation of account does not delete your account permanently.you can reactivate it and access the data of your account at any point of time.

If you wish to remove your email address from an AdWords account to use it on another account this is possible. As an AdWords account will always need at least one Administrator, you'll need to first add a new admin (create a new gmail email address) to your account. Once that is done, you can log in with this new admin and "Terminate Access" for your original email address. Now your original email address will be free to start a new account.

If you are going to be managing multiple accounts, you might want to consider using a My Client Center account - which is like a shell account, that holds multiple AdWords accounts within it and allows you to have access to multiple accounts through one central log in.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My problem is: I can not access MyAccount, because when I log in in ad words it redirects me always to the second step of the initial setup and I do not have al the information to proceed.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Silvia,

You can not access the account/tools which are available in the adwords until you create a campaign(which may be dummy) and enter the billing details.
So you need to complete the setup to access the account.

The concern is how you can cancel the account if it is not created yet.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Silvia S
February 2016

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have found a way to "escape" from the iniziale setup, thanks to this link http://g.co/etoaw ; here I found a way to access to the setting to delete my account.