AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Default max CPC showing auto 0.01, but budget available

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have money left in my daily budget, but the default max CPC is showing auto: $0.01 and I'm not getting impressions on all the keywords set to default. 

A number of the keywords in the ad group are set to manual max bids in the range of $3-5. 

About 40% of my daily budget is still available. I'm not sure why the default would be to basically not bid on a lot of keywords.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Default max CPC showing auto 0.01, but budget available

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Samuei S,

For either search or display campaign, a bid of $0.01 isn't going to be enough for placement.

What's your daily budget? If the bids in the $3-5 range are a significant portion of your remaining budget, you may not be able to use your entire budget.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Samuel,

I agree with what Pete has said. The default CPC is essentially just a placeholder but it isn't a suggested bid. You should set your bids a little higher and see what positions you fall into. From there, you can make more adjustments. Depending on your vertical and the competition, bids can vary greatly. If you don't have time to manually manage bids (which is what I typically suggest to begin with), you can change the settings of your campaign to automatic bidding.

You can learn more about bid settings, here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2459326?hl=en

Hope this helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Peter,

My daily budget right now is $100, and this morning the bids are still defaulting to 0.01.
The ad group is basically split between Manual Max CPC on keywords and Automatic max CPC.
Adding together the max bids for all the keywords on manual is about ~$60 if that matters.

Thanks!
Sam

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Samuel S,

Your daily budget is high enough. The default bid of $.01 is probably too low to get many impressions. I'd suggest increasing the default bid for the ad group to at least $.05

Best of Luck,

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords