AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Default ad group bid.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I go to change my Max CPC bid on a placement, I get a screen with the following text:

Change max. CPC bids (1 placements selected)
Action
Set max. CPC bids to $ ___ Leave blank to use ad group default bid.
Affected placements with ad group default bids will have placement-specific max. CPC bids.

What I'm wondering about is the statement "Leave blank to use ad group default bid." Is there a way to find out what the "ad group default bid" is? This doesn't seem to be something I set myself, although other posts seem to indicate that sometimes it is, perhaps in a different context.

I am trying to target a specific website, but my ads are not running there, so I thought perhaps I am not bidding high enough. Rather than experimenting and then waiting several days to see if things change, I was hoping I could find out just how much I have to bid to get my ads to run and decide if it is worth it.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Edward B
July 2017

Default ad group bid.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi There,

The default ad group bid is something you will set yourself unless you are using an automated bidding strategy. 

You can see what your default ad group bid is by using the ad group view.

Read more here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375408?co=ADWORDS.IsAWNCustomer%3Dtrue&hl=en&oco=0

As for setting a high enough bid, have you tried using the Display Planner? This will help you get an idea of what you could get for differing CPC's and daily budgets. Smiley Happy

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Edward B
July 2017

Default ad group bid.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi There,

The default ad group bid is something you will set yourself unless you are using an automated bidding strategy. 

You can see what your default ad group bid is by using the ad group view.

Read more here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375408?co=ADWORDS.IsAWNCustomer%3Dtrue&hl=en&oco=0

As for setting a high enough bid, have you tried using the Display Planner? This will help you get an idea of what you could get for differing CPC's and daily budgets. Smiley Happy

Hope this helps!

Default ad group bid.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks. That seems very useful. I don't see a way to transfer the optimized plan directly to my campaigns. Does such a thing exist?