AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Default Ad Group Placement Bid??

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Guys

Could any of you guide me where would I find an option to set a "default ad group placement bid"??

I was reading a adwords help article in which I came across known things apart from one! If your haven't set a specific placement bid your "default ad group placement bid" is used.

Now, where is the option to set this??

Eagerly waiting for the directionsSmiley Happy

Best

Mudit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mudit
September 2015

Re: Defualt Ad Group Placement Bid??

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

The "default" in this case, is the adgroup level bid. The article is talking about having a different bid for a single manged placement within the adgroup.

The reason why it's so confusing, is because you used to beable to set three default bids for an adgroup, now you only have two. Display default max cpc, and search default max cpc. All of the placements (networks tab), whether automatic or managed, will have the display nework default max cpc as the default max cpc bid for every placement. If you have managed placements, then you could raise, or lower the bid per each managed placement, and still maintain the default bid for all the automatic placements. There used to be an option at the adgroup level for the default managed placements bid. When the options changed, so did the language in the help docs, but, the interface is usually the last place the "language" changes. So you read one thing, but you see another. Smiley Happy Maybe this is a sign that the language in the UI is about to change...

Tom

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mudit
September 2015

Re: Defualt Ad Group Placement Bid??

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

The "default" in this case, is the adgroup level bid. The article is talking about having a different bid for a single manged placement within the adgroup.

The reason why it's so confusing, is because you used to beable to set three default bids for an adgroup, now you only have two. Display default max cpc, and search default max cpc. All of the placements (networks tab), whether automatic or managed, will have the display nework default max cpc as the default max cpc bid for every placement. If you have managed placements, then you could raise, or lower the bid per each managed placement, and still maintain the default bid for all the automatic placements. There used to be an option at the adgroup level for the default managed placements bid. When the options changed, so did the language in the help docs, but, the interface is usually the last place the "language" changes. So you read one thing, but you see another. Smiley Happy Maybe this is a sign that the language in the UI is about to change...

Tom