AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Date range to decide Target CPA

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I have a question regarding Target CPA.

I found an online calculator: https://www.clickz.com/static/cpa-calculator, can anyone help me to check if it's reliable?

Also, when adjusting CPA, what date range should I look at? Is that enough to only look at the data from last month or should I choose a longer time range (maybe 2 or 3 months) to consider CPA? (cost/conv. are quite different) ...

1 Expert replyverified_user

How to calculate Target CPA

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there,

Generally speaking longer time ranges provide much better data. However if ongoing optimisation is being done, or there is seasonality in your niche, then shorter might be more accurate.

What is more important is not time but the amount of conversion data. If you get one conversion per month, and each time is from a different keyword, that makes it really difficult.

If you get 100 conversions a week and you only have 10 keywords, then a week's worth of data is sufficient. 

My rule of thumb - I want the time frame to be long enough to see multiple keywords that each have multiple conversions. 

Date range to decide Target CPA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Got it, thank you!