AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Data sources tab is not visible (linking adwords MCC and Analytics)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have created a new client account on my Adwords MCC and I have Administrator level access on my client's Google Analytics account. I have also enabled auto tagging in Adwords.

When I try to link Google Adwords account with Analytics, I do not see the "Data Sources" tab on Profile Settings page.

I am trying to setup this with the help of these articles:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2617364?hl=en

https://support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1033961

The second help article says this:

"We recommend that each My Client Center (MCC) child account have its own Google Analytics account. You cannot link client-manager MCC accounts to an Analytics account, as these top-level MCC accounts contain no AdWords campaign information."

Does this mean I need to get analytics access removed from all accounts on this email and then create a new analytics account to be able to link with Adwords?

Please help!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Data sources tab is not visible (linking adwords MCC and Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Santoshk121 and welcome to the forum.  Simply put, the email address (Google Account) that's used for the AdWords Account must be the same as the one used for the Analytics Account and cannot be the one used for the MCC.  So if your MCC account is abc@domain.com, you'll need to use def@domain.com for the AdWords account and Analytics.

Does your client not have their own Account?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Santoshk121 and welcome to the forum.  Simply put, the email address (Google Account) that's used for the AdWords Account must be the same as the one used for the Analytics Account and cannot be the one used for the MCC.  So if your MCC account is abc@domain.com, you'll need to use def@domain.com for the AdWords account and Analytics.

Does your client not have their own Account?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I too was having the same problem.  I contacted Google by email and told them that the Data sources tab is not showing up but when I checked today, it's now there, so maybe they did something on their end.