AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

2.6K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Daily Budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a campaign set to run for 15 days.  The campaign has 3 ad groups under it, each receiving a $1000 budget for the 15 days.  Under Campaign, should the daily budget be $66.67? Or does Adwords automatically divide the budget equally among the ad groups? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Daily Budget

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Mindy,

It is extremely important that you get this right - so I am glad that you asked.

Most importantly - daily budgets are set at campaign level. It is impossible to set budgets at the ad group level.

So if your budget is $3000 for 15 days - that means your total daily campaign budgets should not exceed $200 per day.

If you have one campaign with three ad groups - you set this to $200 per day.

If you have three campaigns with their own ad groups - you set this to $66 per day.

Makes sense? Most important is to remember to check your total active campaign daily budgets, and make sure you won't exceed your limit by 15 days.

Let me know if you have difficulties.
Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hello, Mindy.

In addition to what Jack said, if each ad group has to spend an equal share of money, you'll have to create three campaigns, each with its own ad group.

Otherwise you may end up with one or two ad groups eating all the budget and one or two being left out.

There's no way to split a campaign budget into smaller pieces.

Hope it helps.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the advice. Can you explain your last statement regarding checking total active campaign daily budgets?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks! I may need to create 3 separate campaigns, since we do want the budget spread equally among the ad groups.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
In the words of the ever so great House "I suspected as much." Smiley Wink

Good luck, Mindy.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.