AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Daily Budget and Ad scheduling

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen,

I would like to confirm with you when you change the ad schedule and reduce hours from a day or eliminate weekends to your campaign, if these affect the budget and adjust it  to the amount of hours or keep the daily budget and redistribute in the hours your ads are scheduled.

Those Days that I eliminate from my campaign, at the end, will my cost  be less than 30.4 x Daily Budget?

Thanks in advance for your comments

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author CAB360us
May 2016

Re: Daily Budget and Ad scheduling

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey There,

If you're looking to find the balance between keeping your costs below the 30.4*Daily Budget and keeping your ads up on certain days/hours (aka having a decent daily budget) you can always set up a Pause Campaign Rule.

We have set up ad schedules so that the ads are turned off on weekends, since turning off certain days/hours allows the budget to last a little longer in a month. Ad schedules also allow us to increase the daily budget for when the ads are running, to keep them up for a whole day. However, sometimes the client will have a max budget that falls below the 30.4* Daily Budget, so we set up a rule to pause the campaign when the client's max budget is reached.

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Dear Sir,

If you apply time scheduling to a campaign, the daily budget will be redistributed to the hours your ads are scheduled. E.g. if you set $40 to a day and the ads only run during working hours, the system will try to deplete the daily budget during the hours you specified. Similarly, it will target to reach 30.4 * $40 = $1,216 during a period of 30 days, even if you disable weekend days.

Yours faithfully,
Lakatos
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author CAB360us
May 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey There,

If you're looking to find the balance between keeping your costs below the 30.4*Daily Budget and keeping your ads up on certain days/hours (aka having a decent daily budget) you can always set up a Pause Campaign Rule.

We have set up ad schedules so that the ads are turned off on weekends, since turning off certain days/hours allows the budget to last a little longer in a month. Ad schedules also allow us to increase the daily budget for when the ads are running, to keep them up for a whole day. However, sometimes the client will have a max budget that falls below the 30.4* Daily Budget, so we set up a rule to pause the campaign when the client's max budget is reached.

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
great comment thanks Ruthy