AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Customer reported Unique ID's which I can track back to a Keyword

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am currently having troubles with fraudulent traffic. A customer who buys traffic from my site is not happy with the quality.

Is there some way my customer can provide me with a unique ID of their fraudulent leads, which I can then search for in adwords and see the related Keyword which brought them to the site?

What do I need to do to set this up? A tracking pixel or an ecommerce goal?

Even a hint in the right direction to research would be much appriciated.

TLSmiley Very HappyR

Is there a unique ID in my tracking pixel which an affiliate can report back to me in order to connect the lead to its associated key word? What resources online can teach me how to do this?

Thanks,

Ulli

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Customer reported Unique ID's which I can track back to a Keyword

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Ulli.

You can track offline conversions in AdWords, nowadays. So if you can have your customer log the gclid with every lead, and then import the fraudulent ones into AdWords, you'll be able to see a lot more than keywords about them.

Here's how it can be done: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2998031?hl=en
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.