Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Customer Email List

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

There is a new feature in Adwords Remarketing. Now, one can create Customer Email List Audience in Adwords. There is a tab saying Email opt-out-link. I am not able to understand this. Please help me out what URL to add in this and What is Email-opt-out-link?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2015

Re: Customer Email List

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Arpit,

You need to give a link to the page where people can manage their preferences for receiving emails from you, including opting out of any email lists they may be subscribed to.

Practically, if you subscribe someone to your email list, you should give them the freedom to optout/remove from the list as per their preference.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Arpit,

You need to give a link to the page where people can manage their preferences for receiving emails from you, including opting out of any email lists they may be subscribed to.

Practically, if you subscribe someone to your email list, you should give them the freedom to optout/remove from the list as per their preference.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Ratan,
Thank you for answering.
How Would I know who all have unsubscribed from the list? Will I receive a notification from Adwords or Do I need to create a separate Database for it?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Arpit, 

It's a very new feature and hence the documentation is not very detailed at the moment. But I believe, the email Opt Out link is required to ensure the anti-spam regulations are met. 

You must have collected your emails using a mailing list management application like Mailchimp, Aweber etc., , use the default form they provide for subscription updates. Create a page on your website, put that form on it and give the link to Google. 

About unsubscription, I don't think you will get any notification from Google, though I am note sure. But, yes your mailing list management application will send you notification for the same. And you will need to ensure that you have submitted valid and legitimate list to Google for re-targeting and it's up to date all the time.

Thanks
Ratan Jha