Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Creating an ad as per desired Keyword

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,
Can some one please tell me how can i crate an ad campaign as per my targeted keyword list in google AdWords.
When I am running ads on google. The search query shows another ad from another ad group. How to fix it .

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shubhankar B
August 2016

Re: Creating an ad as per desired Keyword

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Shubhankar,

You could try using the embedded negative keyword match types. For example if you want specifically any particular ad group to trigger an ad for specific keyword or search term, you should add those terms as negatives for other ad groups in exact match types. This would result in more probability of showing ad from the ad group that want it triggered.

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

This happens when you have similar type of keywords running across different ad groups and the best matched search query triggers ad from a different ad group that you don't actually want. Read this doc for more details on how this actually works and how you should tackle it:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2756257?hl=en

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your valuable suggestion. I would like to ask you that what is the best possible way to fix this problem. Because i have tried many ways to fix this issue. Can you advise me some more example by which i can fix this problem.
Thank You
Shubhankar
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shubhankar B
August 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Shubhankar,

You could try using the embedded negative keyword match types. For example if you want specifically any particular ad group to trigger an ad for specific keyword or search term, you should add those terms as negatives for other ad groups in exact match types. This would result in more probability of showing ad from the ad group that want it triggered.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You can use negative keywords in ad group level to fix your problem. Hope this help

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
It sounds like you're using similar keywords in multiple ad groups. Try being more specific with each ad group with your targeted keywords. Most time you don't need more than 5-10 keywords per ad group. Don't overlap with keywords in your ad groups.