AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Creating an Adwords Account for free

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am trying to set up an Adwords account to search for keywords.  I made the mistake of initially in-putting information as if I were going to place an ad.  I have tried clearing the history, but each time, I am taken to the page that asks me to complete the registration, rather than the homepage where I would be able to see the keywords planner. 

Any ideas on how I can clear the data and start again?

Thanks,

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Creating an Adwords Account for free

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Sally-Ann,

If your primary purpose is to search for keywords, I'd say your ship is gone. As of a month ago Google applied changes to the Keyword Planner Tool that restrict the use of the tool in AdWords accounts that are not used for actual advertising. Please kindly do refer to:

*** Updates to the Keyword Planner Tool ***
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Announcements/Updates-to-the-Keyword-Planner-Tool/...

Best,
Lakatos

Re: Creating an Adwords Account for free

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Sally-Ann,

Lakatos has already shared a very useful information regarding the keyword planner tool updates.

Additionally you need to complete the setup with billing and campaign(can be dummy) to use the keyword planner tool.
There is no way to start again with the same email ID.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’