Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Creating account for client through MMC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey all,

I would like to ask about creating an adwords account through my MCC .

I have already created an adwords account for a client but the email address he provided me to invite him had already an adwords account in the past.Now he has a new gmail email address to invite him.would be ok if i invite him tojoin the account?would he also be able to utilize the adwords coupon with this new email address in the already created account ,while there was a revoked invitation for the same user but in his false email address?

I also don`t find an option to resend the invitation.

I also created an adgroup and place the website`s url in the ad.Would that be a problem to open a new account and use the same domain?

Another question aswell:who will be responsible if he won`t pay the bill?

Please help

Thanks in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Creating account for client through MMC

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mathaios,

I think you're going to have some problems here.

1. I have already created an adwords account for a client but the email address he provided me to invite him had already an adwords account in the past.

Your client has used AdWords previously and now you have created a new account for his business.  That would definitely qualify as Double Serving and suspension may follow unless the older account is completly shut down.

2. Now he has a new gmail email address to invite him.would be ok if i invite him tojoin the account?

Sure, you can invite anyone you wish to manage/view an account.

3. Would he also be able to utilize the adwords coupon with this new email address in the already created account?

Probably not, he already had an account, you should read the terms and conditions of the coupons, new customers only.

4. I also don`t find an option to resend the invitation.

This is why I personally set up client accounts outside of the MCC, the invite process is clunky.  I set up the client accounts ouside of the MCC and then link them into the MCC, which I have found is quite easy.

5. I also created an adgroup and place the website`s url in the ad.Would that be a problem to open a new account and use the same domain?

Yes, it definitely could be.  Your client has used AdWords previously and now you have created a new account for his business.  That would definitely qualify as Double Serving and suspension may follow unless the older account is completly shut down.

6. Another question aswell:who will be responsible if he won`t pay the bill?

Every account needs billing information, whose is used for this new account?  They would be responsible.

I would suggest you brush up on your policies as you're most likely going to be facing some issues, if not now, potentially in the future.  It's quite important that you know how the policies work.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Creating account for client through MMC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot Tom,I now know what direction to go.