Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Creating account for client in another country

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am working on adwords, and little bit skeptical about certain things. I am in doubt that if I want to create the account and work on adwords for someone who is targeting another country and time zone, can I use my countries time zone and currency? Will it be helpful as he want to reach the customers from another continent!

Please reply asap.

Thanks in advance.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Roopal P
November 2015

Re: Creating account for client in another country

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star
You can send the conversion code to your client and ask him/her to place on the thank you page. Else no other option.
conversion code is highly recommended at least for e-commerce.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Roopal,

Yes, you can definitely target other locations from a different country. Many advertisers do this. Just be aware of which time zone your AdWords account is set to (In the gear icon in the top right of your Account, in Account Settings), and adjust your Ad Schedule appropriately (under the campaign Settings tab). The ad schedule will use whichever time zone you have your account set to, so you will need to keep that in mind when setting the ad schedule.

Hope this helps!
Cassie

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Roopal,

Set Your currency in which you want your billing to be done.
And as per Cassie, you can set time zone of your country for your convenience but there may a mismatch in the analytics data if it is set to some other time zone and you link these different time zones accounts(adwords and analytics).
Even you can choose or change your adwords account language for your convenience and create ads in any other language(regarding to geographic target) in the same account.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply. I want to confirm that if I create account in my country and pay in my currency, after that can I use this account to create ads for the foreign client website. Will that not be flagged or create any problem?

Please reply as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hi Roopal,

Your account history will be totally lost.

Anyway you can use if the currency is same as what used for previous client you can not change the currency at all.
Though you can change the time zone but only once over the life of the account.

• if currency is same and even the time zone is same you can do without any issue.
  • if the currency is different then a different account will be required.
  • if currency is same but time zone is different, it can be changed once on request which can never be revert.

For your reference

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I will definitely create a new account for that website. Time zone will be changed, and I will have to keep the currency of my country because we will be paying. One more thing I want to create ads for a store on an E-commerce website of another country. Can I do that? Like I want promote a particular shop on an E-Commerce website. How to set conversion tracking for that?

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
one important thing which I forgot to mention, you must delete all the campaigns(can download before deletion). Otherwise your may be suspended due to the availability of different domains.
And also delete everything else (including ad extensions, ad scheduling, bid adjustment) for proper functioning of the new account.

Regards

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
Ofcourse, your goal will be a sale so you must place conversion code after the sale confirmation/ or on thank you page.
Else I suggest you set conversion goal funnel to analyse how users are navigating or where they are abandoning conversion process. (Google Analytics)

You can promote for any country no matter who is performing the adwords billing. But it must follow adwords policies. Including return and refund, payment and lot more on the website.

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
Thanks, my half of the problem is solved, but I am still confused about how I will add the Conversion tracking code to the website because I am just a seller there, and don't have the admin details to add a Conversion Tracking code to a particular page. How can I do that?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Roopal P
November 2015

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star
You can send the conversion code to your client and ask him/her to place on the thank you page. Else no other option.
conversion code is highly recommended at least for e-commerce.

Regards