AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Creating a custome image display ad

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok so here is my question. I want to promote some art. For the time being I want to raise awareness. I do want to make some sales but thats not my main objective for now .

I am almost certain there is a way of doing a dynamic ad that showcases some of my artwork as a slideshow inviting people to visit my profile.

I did try the ad gallery and the dynamic image ads but non of the prexisting formats work as they are trying to sell products...I mean the prexisting formats have " low price" " buy now" etc....I am trying to raise aware....

there is not a single simple image slide... where the picture  ocupies the whole ad.....

so is there any way i can do this 

EDIT: yes there will be a call to action I will invite people to visit my profile.... yes the landing page will be relevant ....and i am planing of testing two campains one of them will land in the buy now website (objective sales).... the other one will land in the gallery (objective gain followers, if a sale happens i will be more than happy) those are my actionable goals

can i put click here to visit my profile  in the ad ( i am not sure about the click part, not sure if its a violation)

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Alejandra Paola G,

AdWords is a platform to promote a product with a actionable goal of conversion. Because of this, it is not ideal to simply create a beautiful slideshow of art and have it displayed. While you could create an animated gif (if you can meet the size and weight requirements, I do think it would get disapproved rather quickly unless it linked to a credible website/landing page with art on it, along with the ad having your logo and actionable button (call now, shop now, learn more, etc.). 

Many of us do use AdWords to build brand awareness, which is not important in wanting an actionable goal... but it still is promoting the website for the brand. Your slideshow should be on your landing page for your ad and your ad should promote the art gallery, subject of art, type of art, or something like this.

You could also use video ads or YouTube to show a slideshow as a video and promote it. 

Please review this information and see if it helps further.   

Kind Regards,

James

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

the landing page will be very relevant  ... and yes i will invite people to visit my profile ... i was planing to run two ads one that lands in the buy now page and one that lands in the galery... and my actionable goal is to gain followers.... i did run an ad to gain youtube subscribers and it worked fine  ... so ya... thanks for the gif idea i didnt know it wasw possible ... and yes there will be a call to action it wont be a just a gallery .....

btw can i put click here to visit my profile  in the ad ( i am not sure about the click part, not sure if its a violation)

btw i dont see this question in the forum anylonger do you know why that is

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Alejandra Paola G,

Your inquiry is still viable in the community. There are just a lot of tickets created, so it may be hard for you to locate it.

As for the ad, when you say visit my profile can you tell me more? What profile are you using... a social page? Are you using AdWords or AdWords Express?

With the test or display ad with AdWords, your button should say Learn More or something like that, not view my profile... which sounds like a dating ad. 

Kind Regards,

James

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭