5.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Creating a New Ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Why is it that when I try to create a new ad, the prompt comes up at the lower part of my new ad in red saying "This campaign and its contents cannot be modified in AdWords"?

I am new to this so any help is much appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Tiffany (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Cannot Modify campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello BalanceBodywork;

Your campaign is probably is on your Google places account . You need to use your Google places account to modify it.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Tiffany (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello BalanceBodywork;

Your campaign is probably is on your Google places account . You need to use your Google places account to modify it.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Mines not but I get the same thing.  Google places has my location in there only because I signed up for Adwords but theres no place to directly modify anything other than through Adwords.

Google abandoned its support team. I see ltos of people with the same problem as me.  Google's help and tutorials tell me exactly how to do it but the actions can still not be carried out.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

hello N-Mathews;

Please open a new thread on your specific problem; give as many details as you can (BUT no personal info), and we will try to help.

N-Mathews wrote:

Mines not but I get the same thing.  Google places has my location in there only because I signed up for Adwords but theres no place to directly modify anything other than through Adwords.

Google abandoned its support team. I see ltos of people with the same problem as me.  Google's help and tutorials tell me exactly how to do it but the actions can still not be carried out.