AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Creating Effective and Fast Keyword List for New Sites

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I need to create Adgroup, Keywords & creatives for 10 New websites per day. The first work is making keyword list in proper adgroup. I know how to select adgroup name ( eg. like site cat/product/services structure) and starting keywords.

I want tips on how can I do these works efectively in less time like use of Included terms & excluded terms. How to avoid choosing generic words and selecting effctive & specific keywords.

Share your idea/thoughts whcih you keep in mind while using Keyword tool to create a keyword list. Since I already know the basic uses of this tool, I want to know its advance uses and tips which you have gained over the years.

Thank you

edit-Just learn one more thing..

I always see the "Advanced Options and Filters" but I used it only to change country & language. But never used the other filter like "local search volume, competition. Got it from "Help" message in left column in keywod toll page. It save my time in sorting keywords with local search atleast 500 etc. So, I need such ideas which can increase the efficiency.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by LynnyRose (Follower ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Creating Effective and Fast Keyword List for New Sites

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Anil225,

One idea for you that has been discussed here previously is the use of a 'Universal Negative Keyword List'.  Whether or not this is useful for each and every campaign is definitely up for debate but the concept could help you become more efficient.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by LynnyRose (Follower ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Anil225,

One idea for you that has been discussed here previously is the use of a 'Universal Negative Keyword List'.  Whether or not this is useful for each and every campaign is definitely up for debate but the concept could help you become more efficient.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I created a small tool which allows you to split long keyword lists, and which filters those keywords containing certain terms. It's here: www.adwiserhq.com/blog/adwords-long-keywords-lists-organizer/, maybe you could use it.

You'd need to have a list of generic terms you want to exclude though, the tool only separates keywords containing certain terms.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Adwiser, your link went to a 404 error page

Thanks for sharing all the same... having tools for speeding up and simplifying is appreciated.

Quite keen to look at your tool when you're ready.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Here you go lightcam: http://www.adwiserhq.com/blog/adwords-long-keywords-lists-organizer/ There was a comma caught at the end of the URL. -Tom