AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Creating Campaigns for PPC & Remarketing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Is it posible to run the remarketing campaign and PPC campaign from two different accounts for an website? We already running PPC campaing for my site and now we want to start the remarketing campaign. Is it possible to start it from another account because we don't know the login details of PPC campaign account?

Thanks,

Jack Leo

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Shanea K (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Creating Campaigns for PPC & Remarketing

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Jack,

First, I would definitely figure out your login details for your account, especially if it's running and spending your advertising budget. Once you figure that out, you can simply setup your remarketing campaign in the same account.

Remarketing is just a different campaign type. I think when you refer to PPC, you're meaning search network ads (text ads). Remarketing is still handled just like any other campaign in your AdWords account, it's just a variation on how you target and where your ads can appear.

Is there any reason outside of your login issue why you want to run campaigns from multiple accounts? Maybe there is a better solution? What's the end goal for you?

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Jack,

Welcome to the community.

As per Google's Double Serving Policy:

"protect the value and diversity of the ads people see on Google, we generally discourage advertisers from running ads for the same or similar businesses across multiple accounts triggered by the same or similar keywords. This policy, known as "double serving," prevents multiple ads from the same or commonly-owned company from appearing on the same search results page."

Please go through these below links, they talk in detail about re-marketing.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Advanced-Features/Remarketing-Set-Up/m-p/9610#M781

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Google-AdWords-Remarketing/ba-p/50514

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2701222?hl=en

I hope this helps.
Kapil M

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kapil Thank you for your Reply.. We want to run the remarketing campaign not PPC from mutiple accounts. That is also considered as "double serving"?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Jack,

Please read this.

"we generally discourage advertisers from running ads for the same or similar businesses across multiple accounts triggered by the same or similar keywords."

Also, please go through below link.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approval-Policy/Adwords-Double-Serving/td-p/280739

I hope this helps.
Kapil M
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Shanea K (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Jack,

First, I would definitely figure out your login details for your account, especially if it's running and spending your advertising budget. Once you figure that out, you can simply setup your remarketing campaign in the same account.

Remarketing is just a different campaign type. I think when you refer to PPC, you're meaning search network ads (text ads). Remarketing is still handled just like any other campaign in your AdWords account, it's just a variation on how you target and where your ads can appear.

Is there any reason outside of your login issue why you want to run campaigns from multiple accounts? Maybe there is a better solution? What's the end goal for you?

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Jack,

Tommy's given you great advice and you have marked it as accepted. That's great. I just want to answer your question directly so other folks looking at this thread will get an answer.

You can not use a remarketing list created by the AdWords code in a different account than the one it was created for.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tommy,

Thank you for your reply. We have different departments in our internal marketing team and we are not getting access of the account they running PPC ads.

Thanks,
Jack