Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Creating Campaign with multiple 100 ad groups & keywords

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello all,

I have campaign who wants to target their services in more than 100 cities. So please advice should create the different ad groups all the cities or should i create the ad groups as per services? Which better to generate more traffic and conversion? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Creating Campaign with multiple 100 ad groups & keywords

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Gagan,

If you are conversion focussed I would recommend you to go with Localized campaigns.

Also since you wish to target your services to different cities, you may have to write location specific keywords, so targeting all cities from one campaign can work but I would rather go with Localized campaign (since you are conversion focussed). If you are not writing any location specific keywords, then you may target all of them in single campaign and use Bid Adjustments for important locations.

Best,
Prashanth

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hello Gagan,

There is a sence to create separate campaigns for specific cities if you are using manual bidding and there is big difference in competition in specific locations.

So for example if cost per click for the same keyword in Sydney would be $15 and in Adelaide only $5, you can create separate campaign for Sydney not to overpay in other regions.

Also if one of locations is more important for you and is bringing lot's of conversions, you may dublicate it in a separate campaign and create more relevant ad.copies and extensions, so you will give more relevant message to your customers and as a result get better quality score.

But if you are planning to use conversion optimizer, I think there is no sense to create separate campaigns because Google will perform all bidding for you.

So if all your cities are located in one country and you don't have to create separate ad.copies for each of the cities, I would recommend to create 1 campaign for now. Then after you will get clicks and impressions, you may add new campaigns.

Cheers,
Alexey
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Prashanth Joel for the reply

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Alexey, I would like to ask one more thing. I am running a campaign who's having 1200 keywords and it is also targeting different cities. The problem is that the campaign has received 1530 clicks for month, which very low. And i found that in keyword section many of the keywords are showing message "Below first page bid". So, please let me know how resolve that problem and after resolving that issue will my campaign will start getting more clicks???

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Gagan, and what is your CTR and average postion?

You can add such columns as "Search Lost IS (rank)" and Search Lost IS (budget) on campaign level to see if you are losing impressions because of budget or bids.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497703?hl=en

Also you can add "Search Lost IS (rank)" on keyword level to increase cpc for specific keywords.

Also please check dimension tab in your adwords account and check average cpc in different cities. If there is city where you are paying too much, consider setting bid adjustment for it or dublicating it in a separate campaign if it's important for you.

And make sure that you are tracking conversions because after a while it would be really beneficial to turn on conversion optimizer. It's working great in lot's of my accounts.
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
@gagan - For "Below First page bid" keywords, you have to increase the bids in order to show the ads on First page it should help you in increasing the traffic as well. But be careful, your CPA may increase doing this.

Regards,
Ashish