3.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Creating Campaign with Managed Placements from Auto Placement campaign

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I want to take the best-performing Automatic placement from my current Display campaign, and add them to a new, Managed placement only campaign, and bid on them manually (the current campaign is using CPA bidding option)

How do I go about that, do i need to basically copy the old ad group with all the keywords  into the new campaign, and set it to "Target and Bid" based on the placements I add, or is it better to create a new adgroup with no keywords and only add the URLs (will it even work)?

With the new enhanced interface I am a bit confused.

Re: Creating Campaign with Managed Placements from Auto Placement camp

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

If you need to setup a separate budget for the managed placements you can use your solution 1 to copy them in a new campaign.

If you have no problem with using the same budget you can just create a new "ad group 2", copy the keywords, copy the placements, set bids and that's it. Pause the placements that you copy from the automatic campaign or add them as exclusion at that ad group level ( not at campaign level ) , in order to have visitors on them only from "ad group 2".

Also copy the ads.

If you have other settings like age exclusion for the "unknown segment" or exclusions for topics, replicate them too.

Other people from the forum who may read this can add their ideas to the thread.

Re: Creating Campaign with Managed Placements from Auto Placement camp

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
do I need to include the keywords in the new managed-only campaign, or can i only target by placement with no keywords?