Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Create remarketing IDs from email address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I want to create remarketing campaing for just 6 people. I don't have their cookies or IDs, I just have their email adresses. Is there any way how to get to them (for example a way to translate their email adress to ID so I can include them into my audience list?

Thanks for responses!

Kindest regards,

Filip

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Create remarketing IDs from email address

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

As per my understanding information like email address is a personal identifiable information and due to privacy policy, I don't think there would be any work around to track those users and re-target them using Remarketing method.

Basically, remarketing will collect the cookies of the users who have been to your website earlier and didn't convert and then re-target them showing ad copies which you create. Find more details here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454000?hl=en

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes I know how it is suppose to work I was thinking whether there is any way around as you say. Smiley Happy I can approach these 6 email addresses with direct marketing of course but I want to do it bit more creatively, so I need to find a way how to list them into my remarketing DB. Any other ideas? Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Filip C,

That's just not going to work the way you want it to. Re-marketing works off a cookie set by the browser, and only by the browser. You can not set a cookie in someone else's browser via email, and that's pretty much what you're describing here.

The best you can do is target these 6 email addresses and try to get them to click on a link in the email that goes to a page on your web site that adds them to the desired re-marketing list.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Beside what Pete is saying, they need to be a part of a 100 cookies list for display remarketing and a 1000 cookies list for search remarketing in order for the list to become active.

You cannot serve ads to a 6 people strong list.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.