AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Create ads w/o actually submitting for review?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I would like to start creating some ads, but I don't have a website up and running yet

Can I create ads but not allow them to be sent for review yet? I mostly just want to practice using the AdWords account, but also write some ads and group them together in preparation for the website launch

Thanks Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Create ads w/o actually submitting for review?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Drew,

That's a good idea. You can do so with the help of Adwords editor sotware. You can create accounts, campaigns, ad groups and ads in Adwords editor it won't send anything for review and once you know everything is alright or whenever you want campaign to run live then you can post changes to server. You can also create draft accounts in adwords editor for account proposals.

I hope this helps you ..!

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi there,

In addition to John's suggestion, considering that you'd like to familiarize yourself with the AdWords interface, you can create campaigns, ad groups and ads with www.example.com as display and destination URLs for the time being. Soon after your website goes live, you can make bulk changes to ads and change Display & Destination URLs.

In case you're concerned that it would affect the campaign performance in any way, you can duplicate the campaign (using copy-paste feature) after making changes and go live with the new campaign.

- Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thank you both for your suggestions – most helpful Smiley Happy