AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Create ads from merchant center

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In adwords I have a campaign "Shopping: My products listing ads" from my products on Merchant Center. It promotes all of products from the merchant center. How do I create ads for specific products from my merchant center. Or how do I just promote specific products and ignore others?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

When to you go to the ad group level, click on "All Products".  You can then segment your feed and "exlcuded" the items that you would like to exclude.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6275304?hl=en&ref_topic=6275305

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Shanee, thank you. I followed the steps in the link. I created an ad group from my merchant center products. I picked 10 products and created an ad group "Chiro Shopping". Now I am stuck. Where do I go from here to manage these products and set what I want to spend?

And how can I post an image to show you where I am at?

John

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You set the budget on the campaign tab.  You set individual bids by splitting up the feed into product groups - you can segment down to the item level.  I usually segment by brand and then item.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am at Campaigns. I have the "Shopping: My Product Listing Ads" campaign. On this page I can see where I can set my daily budget.

When I click on the "Shopping: My Product Listing Ads" campaign. There are two ad groups. "Ad Group #1" which is all of my products from when I linked to the merchant center. And then there is "Chiro Shopping" which I just created. From that page I can see "Default Max. CPC". But I do not see where to set a daily budget just for the Chiro Shopping ad group. Is the daily budget spread evenly across all ad groups?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

On the ad group tab - you should see your two ad groups.  There should be a column that says "default max cpc" - That is where you change your overall bid.

But once you break down the ad group into a further level you will make the changes inside of the ad group.  Click on the ad group name and it will take you to the product level.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So the daily budget I set for the shopping campaign is spread across all the ad groups I create. I can only change the cpc per item. I can't set a daily budget of $10 on ad group 1, and $5 on ad group 2?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Sorry it took me so long to see this!!  You are right.  The budget is set at the campaign level.  You can create a separate campaign for each brand or for "special items" that you'd like to give more of the budget to.  Just be sure to "exclude" them in the other campaigns.