AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Create a new campaign for this situation, Is that possible?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

My situation is that I have one search campaign and one display campaign. We focus on Search campaign which has 4 ad groups. But only two ad groups have conversions in last 30 days. Should I pause other 2? Should I create a new campaign and choose some good impression and low cost/converted click keywords to the new campaign?

thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Create a new campaign for this situation, Is that possible?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This all depends upon the number of clicks & conversions each ad group has. Once you have that information use can use a statistical significance calculator to determine which should be running. This is what I would do if I were you:

Go here: http://getdatadriven.com/ab-significance-test

Then enter the total number of clicks for the two ad groups that have conversions and the number of conversions. Then enter the total number of clicks and conversions for the two ad groups that didn't convert.

Typically I like to wait until results are 99% accurate but for a lot of marketing purposes 90% - 95% statistical significance is acceptable.

Also, before pausing you might want to look at what page the ads are landing on. Maybe the landing page could be improved to create conversions.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Ellen Z,

This might be due to a few reasons. Have you checked if the two ad groups are consuming the entire budget thereby not allowing others to get served? If so creating a different campaign would be a good thing to do.

Other than that, I'd suggest checking keywords and their match types if they are too restrictive. Low search volume & low quality score could be reasons as well. If there's sufficient budget and a decent impression share, you might want to work on the ad copies & bids to improve CTR.

Thoughts?
Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Sumanth,

Thanks. I have another question. If I create a new campaign, using which bid strategy do you think is best? Our goal is increase the conversion. I choose the flexible bid(target cpa $30), but it says I cannot use it. What can I do?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thank you. I will try it.

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner
Ellen,

Any of the CPA models require a minimum amount of conversion data in a period of time before they can be used.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2471188?hl=en
The campaign should usually receive at least 15 conversions in the last 30 days. This conversion history enables the system to make accurate predictions about your future conversion rate. So, the more data we have, the more accurate we can be. In some cases, you may be able to use Conversion Optimizer without campaign history if you already have conversion data elsewhere in your account.

In the mean time, I would just use a manual bid so you get a better understanding of how the account works. You will see your ad positions and see where you convert and for what terms. Etc.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thank you Eric.

If I have 4 ad groups in one campaign. It seems that other 3 doesn't have too much keywords. Only one ad group have so many keywords. Out target is Max. CPC. Do you think I should exclude some to other ad groups?