Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Create MCC using main account?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to create an MCC with my main email account, since it's already attached to my company's google plus page and all other google items.

Since I already had an active google adwords account, I could not create an MCC through it. So, I set up a different email account and created an MCC, and sent my main email account an invite. 

I then cancelled my main email account's adwords account, so it could be connected to this new MCC.

So, now I go to activate my main account through my invitation with the MCC, but I get this error:

"The Google Account xxxxx@gmail.com already has access to an AdWords account.

Already have access? I just deactivated from any adwords account!

Now I'm stuck with an inactive adwords account (there doesn't seem to be an "reactivate" button), and I can't connect to the MCC account I created as it says my main account is in use.

So, any suggestions on how I can fix this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Create MCC using main account?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

In AdWords, nothing is ever really goneSmiley Happy

Although you have deleted/cancelled your original AdWords account, that largely functions to turn the account settings to "off and invisible."  It's a good thing to do with an account you never intend to use again because it's a tool to help eliminate the chance someone will hack the account.

However, because the account is merely 'semi-permanently invisible' and not really deleted, what you did was not sufficient to free up your primary email address.  If you have a real need to use your primary email with your MCC, I suggest you contact Google again (you'll need your CID and possibly some other information), and get the deleted account reactivated.

You will then need to create a secondary, "clean" email address that is not linked to any AdWords program. Go through the steps to link this new email as an Admin on the individual AdWords account. Log in to the individual AdWords account with the new email and unlink your original email. That will free up the original email to use with your MCC.

If you need more detailed instructions, please let us know.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*