3.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Country Specific Product Listing ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have recently set up 2 Product Listings campaigns for my client - one targeting US and one targeting Australia. In their Merchant Center, they have created 2 valid product feeds - one in USD (targeting USA) and one in AUD (targeting Australia).

I have successfully created the USD Product Listings campaign and it is attracting clicks and conversions, but I can't seem to get the AUD campaign to register. I have created the new campaign and targeted Australia only and I have linked it to the merchant account but it is not attracting impressions or conversions. 

According to the Product Listings campaign help files, I need to add specific AdWords attributes to the AU feed, such as adwords_labels or adwords_grouping, so Google can identify which products/pricing to show Australia only.

I tried adding an *adwords_labels* column to the AU merchant feed and putting *australia* in every cell and uploading, but when I try to validate that particular product attribute within the Product Listings campaign, I get the error message: *This target does not match any products in your Google Merchant Center feed*. 

How do I indicate within AdWords which country-specific merchant feed my AU Product Listings campaign should use?

thanks
Kalena
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kalena J
September 2015

Re: Country Specific Product Listing ads

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Kalena, has the new feed including your labels been approved?  It could be that the feed being referenced by AdWords is an old one; how long ago did you make the change?

A long shot - but I have to ask - is the capitalisation and spelling correct in your search for the label; it has to be exactly the same as used in the feed.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
are there any errors in the GMC regarding your Aussie feed?
do you have different product pages for US and AU, each containing pricing in US$ and AUD?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kalena J
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Kalena, has the new feed including your labels been approved?  It could be that the feed being referenced by AdWords is an old one; how long ago did you make the change?

A long shot - but I have to ask - is the capitalisation and spelling correct in your search for the label; it has to be exactly the same as used in the feed.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No errors in GMC for that feed. We send people to different TLDs for US (.com) and AU (.com.au).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Jon - looks like you were right. There was a lag time between uploading the feed and it verifying in AdWords under Product Targets. The feed is now verified. Something else that may have made a difference - our feed creator added AU currency taxes to the feed which weren't in there before. Thanks for your responses everyone.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Kalena

You were targeting USA and Australia so does it require to use two different urls or sub domains when we are targeting two different countries for same product. I want to setup PLA for two countries and we have mentioned prices in USD and INR but we are getting message that you can't target same URL for two different country.