AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Cost Per Click Versus Actual Coast Per Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to know the difference between coast per click and actual coast per click how actual cpc is decided for a particular keyword

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Cost Per Click Versus Actual Coast Per Click

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Shane P Smiley Happy

Welcome to the community.

Differences:-
CPC
- it's a bidding method.

- meaning: you will pay for each click on your ads. 
- in CPC campaign, you will set maximum cost-per-click bid (max. CPC) which is the highest amount that you're willing to pay for a click on your ad.
- here's the link:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/116495?hl=en

Actual CPC
- the final amount you're charged for a click.
- You're often charged less than your maximum cost-per-click (max. CPC) bid, which is the most you'll typically be charged for a click.
- here's the explanation on how Actual CPC decided on particular keywords :- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6297?hl=en

Hope this helps a bit.

Good luck Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Shane,

Besides what Ollie explained, you should watch this video on AdWords Auction Insights by Hal Varian, Google's chief economist. It will help you understand the difference between Cost Per Click and Actual Cost Per Click. 

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Shane,

Ollie is bang on target with his explanation on CPC and actual CPC here. Also, do give the link from Ratan a view as it explains the same topic in much more detail and you can gain good insights through it.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Shane,

This is also one more effort to provide you difference between actual CPC and CPC.

Your actual cost-per-click (actual CPC) is the final amount you're charged for a click. You're often charged less -- sometimes much less -- than your maximum cost-per-click (max. CPC) bid, which is the most you'll typically be charged for a click. Actual CPC is often less than max. CPC because with the AdWords auction, the most you'll pay is what's minimally required to hold your ad position and any ad formats shown with your ad.

This link will be very helpful. Find here in text format and video as well.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6055137?hl=en&rd=1

Hope I helped you...Thanks