AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Copy/Duplicate Existing Adwords Campaign/AdGroup?

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

Is there a way to easily copy/ cut an existing ad group AND it's data into a new campaign within the same account? Please provide step-by-step instructions!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Copy/Duplicate Existing Adwords Campaign/AdGroup?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi  sorry, all AdWords elements within a Group (Ads, Keywords, etc.) are unique so their data can only be associated with those unique elements.  When you copy a Group, although you can copy the structure and the text of elements like Keywords and Ads, the copies will be new, unique elements and cannot be associated with data from other elements.

What are you trying to achieve by doing this?  There may be other options.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Not applicable
# 3
Not applicable

Right now i've got one pretty broad search campaign with 10 more specific ad groups in it. A few of the ad groups have broader, very highly searched keyword terms so the idea was to break out/ create some more specific campaigns to spread apart the spend across groups and try to give them some equal visibility in the short term. Long Term would be to build much more specific, in-depth ad groups per campaign to grow them over time but i hate to lose all the data already associated.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Correct;

The history associated with those keyboards is reset and they will be considered "fresh"'

>>"You will now have a new campaign that will have the same structure and settings as your original campaign (including your targeting settings, bid strategies, negative keywords and more). However, it will not have any campaign, keyword or ad history. If you want to keep both campaigns active, we recommend keeping your original campaign running (so it continues with the history it’s already generated) and modifying the new campaign.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3400898?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Not applicable
# 5
Not applicable

Thanks- was able to easily copy and paste adgroups into new campaigns that i hadn't launched yet. Verdict is still out on moving the live ones/ losing that data! Any recommendations on the best way to preserve data if i turn off/ move certain groups?