Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I made the Ad-words campaign for one of my website http://www.journeycook.com/. I used call extensions, call out extensions etc. My bids rate for mobile devices is also 20% more than the desktop or PC's.
I already made the conversions under the tools options.
I used phrases and broad modifier keywords on my ad-words campaigns and 80% of keywords is having 8 quality score out of 10.
I did each and everything to get more business leads and business calls but its my bad luck that I never get the call from past 4 months through Google ads.
I have also worked on the display networks to display my ads through the keywords.

I have did work on re-marketing and I have also used the topics and  interest for the re-marketing. 
My daily budget is very handsome according to the market competitions. Can any one here please solve my problem to get more customers to my website.
Looking forwards to hear from your side.

Thanks a ton in advance.

Robin

Re: Conversions

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Robin ,

Can you please share your Landing Page as well , Is it same as your home page or you are using some different page as your landing page. Are your Ads self explanatory , i.e do people get to know about the content of your website when they are seeing your ads , Because when i first read your Domain name , i felt as if i am being Landing to some Cooking Website . I.e How to Do Cooking while being on Journey . But when i checked your website it turned out to be Travel Booking Website .

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shaweta,

We do have very relevant landing page and we do have the call to action functions on each ad-groups ads. Any how can you please tell me how to increase my business sales and how can I get more business call through Google Ad-words.
I understand that domain name looks not clean and most of the sales is getting down just because of domain name. But any

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Deepak

You can try adding more and more of relevant Ad Extensions . You can also try Adding new Call out Extension, That might just help people get more information about your website before they actually click on your Ad , This might help you get more relevant clicks and hence more calls.

Please read this link on how to implement call out extension :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/AdWords-Callout-Extension-Roll-out-Additional-...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Shaweta,

I have also added the ad call extension, site-links extensions, call out extensions etc which are relevant according to my ads then also I haven't get any conversion from last 4 months. I have also used conversions optimizer but all are in waste.

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner
Deepak T.

No conversions for the past 4 month.

For Call conversions your ad has to be in one of the Top 3 positions for the Call extensions to show. Also they may not be shown every time. Looks at the percentage of call impressions.

But more importantly, if you have no conversions, then you are not connecting with your potential customers. Your Unique selling Proposition (USP) is not defined or of value enough to convince the customer to do business with you.

Is there a disconnect with your Ads and Landing page?
How does your offer compare to your Competition? Are you beating them on Price? Free Shipping, Something that makes you standout?
Do your Pages Convert from other sources? or is is just Adwords that doesn't convert?

Usually when there is a conversion issues it has to do with one of two things.
1) Bad tracking. ( I will assume your tracking is set up correctly
2) Landing page doesn't resonate with the visitor or the offer is not the best value compared to a competitor.

Dive into your Google Analytics, see what keywords are bringing in the traffic (match search query), Are those keywords actually visitors that want to buy your product? or are they in a research phrase? Do you need to expand negative keyword terms to exclude "bad visitors?

How is your Sales funnel, where are people dropping out? Is it easy to convert? With out seeing your landing pages hard to evaluate what the issues are, but your page could be loading slowly, your calls to action could be improved, the offer could be not as good as your competitor.

You really have to evaluate what you are doing and let the numbers tell you what is working, what is not. If appears you have good optimization with QS etc, but you are not resonating with the visitor.

Do some A/B split testing with your landing pages. Work on your USP ( Unique selling proposition. Let the number from your analytics help you determine what works what doesn't.

Just to be sure, double check your "conversion goals" to make sure they are set up correctly and pulling in data. Use Analytics to evaluate. The import back to Adwords is usually slow and at times rarely equals up. So do the evaluation in Analytics.

Good Luck, but the answers to your questions are in your Analytics and Landing page Evaluations.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Eric,

My landing pages are perfect and to defeat the competitors I have used very cheap flights price then the other travel companies.
I understand about the call extension how it displayed on Google ads.
I have also used the call-out extensions to encourage the users to come to my website. Maximum of all the major keywords of my website is on first three positions. I have used phrases and broad modifier keywords in my each ads. I have checked on Google analytic about matched search query and user mostly searched for the same keywords that I have used in my ad-words ads.
I have also used the re-marketing in Google Ad-words but still I don't have any sales from past 4 months.
Is there anything else which I can do to increase the sales of my website. Please give me some other advice which will help me about my sales.

Thanks & Regards,
Deepak

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Deepak,

After going to the website (since you have not shared the landing page url) I tried to book a flight. I did not provide any email, phone number, etc. only click on the "Book" button in the flight search results and instantly saw this

journey cook.png

I'm not sure how you have your funnel set up, but I basically had no way to convert or give you my info aside from picking up a phone. I know a few things about marketing travel and the conversion rates are typically pretty low on site vs the phone. This may be part of the problem. Hope it helps!

Dustin

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dustin,

I understand your concern but now I have added a new feature to get the users info (Mobile number, Email and Name).
I have one question for you that I am spending two much on the Google Ad-words but I haven't get any sales even $1USD through Google Ad-words.
I have also included the sitelinks, Call-out extensions, Call Extensions etc to each of my ads. I have also used the Google forwarding number to trace the user.
My landing page is very relevant and all of my keywords is having 9 quality score out of 10.
Below is one of the example of my ads that I have used in my Google ad-words account.

Flight to Bangalore@ $613
Travel from Boston to Bangalore.
Call Us Now and Get Upto $10 Off.
journeycook.com/Boston-to-Bangalore (Display URL)
http://www.journeycook.com/Page/4/Boston-to-Bangalore.aspx (Landing Page)

Can you please tell me one more thing that I want to improve my sales. I did everything on my Google ad-words account but all are in waste. Please help me to get out from my sales problem. Looking forwards to hear from your side.
Thanks,
Deepak

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Deepak,

I went back to the website and tried to do a few searches for hotels, but both times got no results and the error message below displayed.

hotel error.png

I also tried to book a flight like before and did a search. Once I clicked the button to "Book" the flight I was prompted to enter my name, phone, and email (which I did using test data), then was redirected to the same page again below.

journey cook.png

I can't say this for sure, but maybe part of the reason you aren't making the money needed is that you are not giving people a good user experience. I am not saying this about design, but function. If I click to "Book" a flight which you also want people to do, why can't I actually book it? If I'm looking to book a hotel reservation, why am I getting errors? 

I believe this could be a tech issue that is causing you to lose revenue and you should take time to trouble shoot the site and do some test check outs, because right now it's not working very well from what I've tried to do.

I know that may not be what you want to hear, but this is a bigger problem than AdWords at this point in my opinion. Best of luck Deepak!