5.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Conversions on weekends

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Need help on this. My campaign is performing amazingly on weekends, and very poorly on weekdays. My site is a logo design site. ideas? suggestions? 

Re: Conversions on weekends

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Augusto,

You need to analyse all data before deciding the performance over weekends and weekdays. Does your targeted audience behavior influenced by outside factors like political, holidays, targets, offers, etc?

What are the hours, devices, and locations on the weekends which has attributed in conversions?
Check the attribution data?
Check the time lag of conversions?
Check the cohort analysis and active users in Google analytics?

Make sure you're supplying enough budget and bids to performing days to capture maximum ad impression share.

Regards
Sandeep Kumar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
First of all: THANK YOU!!! for your time

Some date:

-Organic sales and traffic are mostly (90%) on weekdays
-The CPC campaign is based on the same KW the site is good rankend
-The time lag of conversions for CPC is 13 hours.
-Im using Mixpanel to track this using UTMs
-My campaign is un Automatic Bidding> Maximize clicks

I think is more easy to try hypothesis:
-In the case weekends are great for me because competence is off... what can I do to keep the same performance on weekdays?

-Any other hypothesis to try?

Thanks man!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Again,

Have you connected the Google Search Console with Adwords to see where the paid ads list with organic rankings? Link the Google webmaster with Google Adwords and see the organic and paid search results report from dimensions.

If the organic results and paid ads are running from the same keywords then it could be possible that users preferring the organic results over paid results.

The bidding setting can be another reason of performing well over the weekend. It could be possible that your automated bidding is being outbid by the competitors in weekdays and when over weekend the competitors stop running their campaigns, Adwords start showing your ads on high positions.

What is your ad position on weekdays and weekends?
How much ad impression share are you using on weekdays and weekend?

Try with manual bidding and check the auction insights report of weekdays to see your ads positions with competitors.

Regards
Sandeep Kumar