AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Conversions not showing anymore

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

In my adwords, the conversions is not showing any conversions anymore.  I noticed a couple of works ago.  It doesn't seem to be showing 'conversions' anymore. 

I thought these were automatic? In that they would show based on any transaction completed?

Obviously not, I am sure there is a 1000 reasons for the conversions not showing anymore, but could someone point me in the right direction, being that I thought they were automatic...

2 Expert replyverified_user

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Rob,

Thanks for posting to the Community. I’d like to help you out.

If you've set up AdWords conversion tracking to see when your ads lead to valuable actions such as website purchases or calls to a phone number on your website, there are several ways for you to check that conversions are being recorded correctly.

For instance, check the conversion tracking status of your conversions. Are they showing unverified, no recent conversions, tag inactive, or removed? If so, you’ll want to troubleshoot further.

First, you should confirm and verify that your conversion tracking tag is on your site and located on the correct page.

Last, you’ll want to check to ensure that there’s no errors within tag. Errors such as inconsistent security protocol (Http vs. Https), missing CDATA comments, incorrect script attribute, and incorrect formatting can lead to conversion tracking issues.

To learn more about troubleshooting your conversion tracking error, please refer to this Help Center article.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Spencer

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Rob,

The first question is - has your website been changed or updated? This is easily the most common reason for conversion tracking stopping.

The second most likely reason is no conversions to report.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

Not that I am aware off, all we have done is set up GTM rather than relay on Google Analytics only. 

Previously there was an issue with GCLIDS stopping the reporting of tracking/conversions in Analytics...I believe.  I am not sure if this would be connected with Google Adwords.

Anyway that was part of the reason to converting to Google Tag Manager. 

And from what I can see GTM is configured all correctly, so I am not sure why the conversions are not appearing in Google Adwords. 

And yes there is a plenty of converted traffic. 

Re: Conversions not showing anymore

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

I found the issue!!!  I wasn't using a big enough date to and date From!! 

So due to Google Data latency there was no conversions even thought there were!!   So it was my own stupidity!! 

Although I now have to wait a few weeks, as the Conversion rate and 'Cost per Conversion' are too high, but I think this is due to missing data from when the conversions did stop working due to the GLCID issue!! 

Now with GTM hopefully the data will be correct and with a full months data collection the cpc and conversions should normallise 

Many thanks for all your input Smiley Happy

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Don't feel bad, believe me that is a very common oversight to miss the date range setting. 

It also happens with the "all enabled ads/keywords/etc" drop-down selector a lot. 

It's sort of a UI issue (we'll blame this one half on GoogleSmiley Happy, likely will be addressed in the new AdWords interface.