Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Conversions measured as 0.25?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I've got a conversion tracking set up for my campaign to track enquiry form submissions, calls from ads and calls from website. I want to measure each conversion as 1. In my conversion tab, some conversions are recording as 0.25 or 0.5 of a conversion. Why is this and how can I just count each call/submitted enquiry form as 1 rather than 0.25 or 0.5?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello @James W

There are two important conversion tracking metrics: conversions and converted clicks. You can view both metrics in your conversion tracking reports.

• Conversions
    For each conversion action, you can choose to count every or one conversion after each click. The "Conversions" column of your reports will display conversions within your chosen conversion window, according to your selected counting method. The "Every" setting is useful for counting every instance of sales, while "One" is used to count only one conversion when the same person generates multiple leads (Example: one person fills out 2 different forms requesting to be contacted about different services you offer.)

• Converted clicks
    The "Converted clicks" column shows you the number of AdWords ad clicks resulting in one or more conversions within your chosen conversion window. Note that the converted clicks count doesn't reflect the relative value of each converting click. Clicks that lead to high-value conversions (such as multiple purchases) aren’t distinguished from those that lead to low-value conversions (such as a single newsletter sign-up). Also, you can't segment the "Converted clicks" column by conversion name, source, or category, because each ad click can lead to multiple conversions. If you were to segment by conversion name, some converted clicks could be counted more than once, and your segmented converted clicks would add up to more than the total.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi James,

Great question!

It sounds like you may be using an attribution model which credits multiple clicks with partial credit for conversions.

For example, the Position-based attribution model gives 40% of credit to both the first- and last-clicked ads and corresponding keyword, with the remaining 20% spread out across the other clicks on the path.

Learn more about attribution models here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6259715?hl=en

You can check to see what attribution model you're using for your conversion by going to Tools > Conversions, clicking to edit your conversion action, and looking under the "Attribution model" field to see which model you're using.

Let me know if that answers your question!

John

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi James,

Another - though less likely - solution might be that you may in fact be viewing values in the Conv value column. In that case also the figure displayed may be a non-integer since it depends on the $ value of the particular conversion type that can be set by advertisers after selecting Conversions under the TOOLS tab.

Attribution is a more likely clue, as mentioned by John.

Best,

Lakatos