AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion from analytics

Gem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Gem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

do i need to put conversion tracking code if i'm going to import conversion from google analytics?

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Conversion from analytics

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Gem,

Normally when I set up conversion tracking (standard or analytics goals) I put a test conversion through. Yes, you do pay for the click but at least you know if the tracking is actually working correctly.

I'd recommend doing this so you know for sure.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

You also need to keep in mind that in most cases there is a 48-72 hour delay between the goal triggering in Anlaytics and this being reported in AdWords... we tend to assume it would be immediate - it's not. So a goal recorded on Monday will not appear until today (Wed)

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Gem,

If you have created a page view as a goal in analytics you don't need to add any AdWords conversion code to the page.

Remember, it can take 2 days for the goals to appear in AdWords from imported goals in analytics.

Gem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Gem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi i set up my goal as an event.The visitor who click the button will be count as a goal.

i already import conversion from analytics this monday. I'm worried because there's no conversion yet.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Gem,

Normally when I set up conversion tracking (standard or analytics goals) I put a test conversion through. Yes, you do pay for the click but at least you know if the tracking is actually working correctly.

I'd recommend doing this so you know for sure.

Gem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Gem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks i'll try your recommendation.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

You also need to keep in mind that in most cases there is a 48-72 hour delay between the goal triggering in Anlaytics and this being reported in AdWords... we tend to assume it would be immediate - it's not. So a goal recorded on Monday will not appear until today (Wed)