3.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up 3 separate campaigns to begin running today. Now I want to insert conversion tracking tags for each.  I understand the steps involved.  But how are you sure that a tag is associated with the correct campaign?  I am wondering if checking the box next to the Campaign name is how this is done?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2015

Re: Conversion Tracking

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Mindy,

If all 3 campaigns go to the same website, and you intend to track the same action (say, a form submission), you can place the conversion tracking code once and and Adwords will automatically segment your conversions when it reports them back to you in the interface.

If, however, you want to track 3 different websites with each campaign, you will need separate code for each. If you are using Adwords conversion tracking code (found by going to Tools > Conversions at the top of your account page), then you should have 3 separate tags for each website.

Let me know if you have further questions!
Cassie

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2015

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Mindy,

If all 3 campaigns go to the same website, and you intend to track the same action (say, a form submission), you can place the conversion tracking code once and and Adwords will automatically segment your conversions when it reports them back to you in the interface.

If, however, you want to track 3 different websites with each campaign, you will need separate code for each. If you are using Adwords conversion tracking code (found by going to Tools > Conversions at the top of your account page), then you should have 3 separate tags for each website.

Let me know if you have further questions!
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
All three are for the same company - so same website, but go to different
landing pages. So would there only be one conversion tag?

Thanks!

-

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Mindy,

Yes, exactly! If you're intending to track the same conversion across the entire website, you can just place that one piece of conversion code and it will track for all 3 campaigns.

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks. After inserting the tag, is there a way to confirm that the tag is
correct?

--
All the best,

Mindy Wilkins
The Time Group

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Hi Mindy,

Yes, you'll be able to see in AdWords if the code is active: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722021?hl=en

Cassie