AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tracking Without the pixel placed?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My company has built a tracking system that we use internally, with our pixels they aren't placed directly on the website, we place out tracking pixel on the site. Within our system we can only place one pixel string for img pixel.  The way its setup there is no cookies collected, nor placed directly on the website, the way it fires is a force fire to the pixel.  My question is will this actually work any way with Google adwords?  What is the options to get this to work correctly? Does adwords support server to server pixel fires?  

Re: Conversion Tracking Without the pixel placed?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi BrandonK M,

I'm not sure this customization is going to work properly with conversion tracking. We recommend that you place the conversion tracking code snip-it that we provide on the page that you consider a conversion (i.e. the thank you page, the form submission page), and I'm not sure this snip-it is going to be compatible with your internal tracking system.

You can read more about our snip-it here to see if it would be compatible: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054?hl=en. Hope that helps! Maybe some other users will have insight into the customization that might be helpful, but we really recommend setting up the code as provided.