AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tracking Pop Up Check

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi, I want to know one thing. I see a Download Applanding page for a Google campaign. There is a button for download.

Now, as per conversion tracking rule, there has to be a thank you page where one inserts the Conversion Tracking code and then the conversion is tracked.

Here, I see this 'Download App'button and on clicking it, a 'Thank You' pop up comes up. There is no special 'thank you' page in this case. How can we setup or check (Would be so grateful if I informed about setup as well checking conversion code, if any) Conversion tracking for this kind of pop-up thank you information?

Thanks, in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jack N
September 2015

Re: Conversion Tracking Pop Up Check

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Jack,

From what you are describing, I think you could be looking at an Iframe pop up thank you page. I have dealt with such iframe thank you pages and was initially confused myself. Turns out they are not so hard to understand and to implement conversion tracking.

The trick is to put the conversion tracking code in the iframe code and make it so that the tracking code triggers as soon as the submit button is hit. It sounds a bit technical but if you have a development team or someone who does html coding, they should be able to help you understand this and even help you implement this.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jack N
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Jack,

From what you are describing, I think you could be looking at an Iframe pop up thank you page. I have dealt with such iframe thank you pages and was initially confused myself. Turns out they are not so hard to understand and to implement conversion tracking.

The trick is to put the conversion tracking code in the iframe code and make it so that the tracking code triggers as soon as the submit button is hit. It sounds a bit technical but if you have a development team or someone who does html coding, they should be able to help you understand this and even help you implement this.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thank you so much. That helped.
Smiley Happy

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Your Welcome Jack.

Glad I could help you out.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,