Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Continual suggestions for higher bids

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

I'm regularly monitoring the performance of my keywords, and I find that quite a few have suggestions to raise the bids. After I've done this, I usually receive a further suggestion to raise the bids again - and often another time too. Why do the suggestions keep coming up, for higher and higher bids, after I've adjusted the bids? Is it advisable to continue upping the bids accordingly?

In case it helps, I'm using an automatic bidding strategy, but I generally change the bidding to manual CPC for individual keywords once I raise the bid (following the suggestions). Also, I note that the campaigns in which there is the most competition are the ones in which the suggestions come up more frequently.

I'd appreciate it if you could help me with this.

Jordan Irvine

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jordan I
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Well... Once the system calculates that all parameters / setting   are optimized, to keep up with performance, only raising the bid is the remaining option.  (Check the opportunities tab - you might find there some optimization options you would like  to test).

However, this is not necessarily  your own goal. I prefer to be in control, analyze performance, and if I find that a bid increase in inevitable (i.e. I have exhausted all other optimization techniques) I raise it manually.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jordan I
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Well... Once the system calculates that all parameters / setting   are optimized, to keep up with performance, only raising the bid is the remaining option.  (Check the opportunities tab - you might find there some optimization options you would like  to test).

However, this is not necessarily  your own goal. I prefer to be in control, analyze performance, and if I find that a bid increase in inevitable (i.e. I have exhausted all other optimization techniques) I raise it manually.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’