5.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Confused about bid estimate in Keyword Planning tool

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am confused about the bid estimate in the keywords planning tool. I am uploading a file of about 500 keywords and each keyword will have a different bid amount. I'm not sure why I am being asked to enter a single bid estimate for a file of many keywords. What does this mean?

Re: Confused about bid estimate in Keyword Planning tool

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,
Check if you are using Auto-CPC as your bidding strategy for your Campaign. Choose your specific Campaign first and click on Settings Tab -> Check your Bid Strategy. Edit your bidding strategy to see if you have "AdWords will set my bids to help maximize clicks within my target budget" or "I'll manually set my bids for clicks".

If you are using the first option (AUTO CPC), you can only set "CPC bid limit" for your campaign. If you want to choose various adgroup specific bids and/or keyword specific bids, you should first switch to "I'll manually set my bids for clicks" strategy first.

Thanks,
Balu.

Re: Confused about bid estimate in Keyword Planning tool

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Ted,

Please check you bidding settings. You might have using manual bidding option which is why it is asking to different bid amount for each keyword. Do all 500 keywords are for just one campaign?