1.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Confused about account approved, but not active

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a non-profit Google account and set up an AdWords account.  I received a message that said:

"Please do not enter payment information, such as a credit or debit card number, into your Google Grants AdWords account at any time, even if prompted to by our system. " 

Shortly thereafter I received an email saying

"Congratulations! You've successfully signed up for AdWords!  

Are you wondering what to do next? If you haven't done so already, please follow these steps to activate your account:

1. Sign in to your account at http://adwords.google.com/um/StartNewLogin"

When I go to the link above, it says

"Your account isn't active because you haven't entered your billing information.
To activate your account and start running your ads, enter your billing information."
The message that I received was clear that I was not supposed to enter any billing information.  So, how do I get my account to become active?  Thanks for any help on this.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author aware
September 2015

Re: Confused about account approved, but not active

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Please note, when you submit an account,  that it is not yet activated. Google will review your account and notify you within 2-4 weeks once it has been activated by adwords team.

Dinesh
My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author aware
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Please note, when you submit an account,  that it is not yet activated. Google will review your account and notify you within 2-4 weeks once it has been activated by adwords team.

Dinesh
My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for clarifying!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We also have a google Grants account and followed the same procedure as "Confused about account approved, but not active."  We went through the process and got our approval in December 2011.  Logging in, I can see a message saying we need to make a payment.  This is the second time we created an account because the first time we made a mistake and began to enter credit card info and we also checked "display network".  This time we did not do that.  We show that our ad has been "approved".  We have chosen keywords, and targeted locations.  I don't undertand why, when I run google anayltics, the ad says that it isn't running because we owe $.  Can anyone suggest a solution?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Then it should say that. Instead it says you haven't entered billing information which is inaccurate. Very confusing, disappointing.