AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Conflicting accounts gave control of my account to my internet provider. I am locked out. How to fix

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Wehn I added AdWords, google created a new account and made my old account temporary.  With the creation of conflicting accounts my original account lists my internet provider as my domain administrator therefore I have no control over it. I can't move the data over to the new account because it says that the account administrator (my internet provider) has turned these items off. I am locked out of controlling my own sites and since you can't talk to a human at Google I have no idea what to do. All of the methods listed in their instructions do not work. Is there another avenue to get some help?

Re: Conflicting accounts gave control of my account to my internet provider. I am locked out. How to

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi donferguson,

I'm not sure what you are having problems with.

Have you lost control over your actual website (domain)? If so, you need to speak to your web developer/hosting company.

Doing anything in AdWords won't change anything on your domain or hosting account.

For a new AdWords account, an email address is needed so I don't see how your ISP would have control. 

Can you try and explain it a bit better so we might be able to help.